Who they are:
Since 1869, Canada’s immigration programs have helped build a community of citizens respected around the world.
What they do:
- screens and approves for admission, immigrants, foreign students, visitors and temporary workers who help Canada’s social and economic growth
- resettles, protects and provides a safe haven for refugees
- helps newcomers adapt to Canadian society and become Canadian citizens
- manages access to Canada to protect the security and health of Canadians and the integrity of Canadian laws and
- helps Canadians and newcomers to participate fully in the economic, political, social and cultural life of the country.
CIC works in partnership with several departments and agencies to carry out these activities.
You can contact the department here & here: 888-576-8502