Once In A World @ Narrows West - Salt Spring Island Real Estate
Incomparable family and entertainment-oriented properties on Salt Spring Island await your unimagined lifestyle. The more time spent at this location, with its modern and Arts & Crafts flair, the more you realize what it took to create something so special.
This estate is comprised of four separately registered property titles, with wide ocean frontages and acreages, making these lands enjoyable to use as a resort-like homesite along with property holdings for a greater long term potential investment value.
The lots were professionally designed to situate amid the sea and rural landscapes to ensure a natural state for future generations. A balance between nature, lifestyle, light, and the exceptional quality of the lands, buildings, and services produced an uncompromising result.
The features of the lots include privacy, a beach with rare swimmable ocean waters, great sun exposure, magical sunsets, perfect natural light, and a warm micro-climate. This premium address is also an area for boating, sailing, water sports, and fishing in the heart of some of the best boating waters in the world.
View the eagles, shore birds, orcas, seals, and otters as well as the beautiful vistas of Stuart Channel and Sansum Narrows which highlight this sunny exposure. Facing toward Maple Mountain Park (Centennial Park) offers even more privacy with a forested outlook, along with captivating Gulf Islands views and a primarily S / SW / W viewpoint.
Imagine living in a peaceful and private setting yet about eight minutes from the village shops, restaurants, services, schools, hospital, and fire & rescue. Now imagine less stress, a spread-out rural community, watching the sea life going by, walking, hiking, gardening, and enjoying recreation, lunch, and dinner at the seaside protected by Vancouver Island. A sought-after lifestyle and a rare offering to have all in one place.
The four individual properties are all 3 acres or more, boast outstanding gardens and landscaping where farm status may continue by application of the new owners. A total of 14.9 surveyed acres, one third of a mile of water frontage, private access to the useable beach and seashore, and its superior lands, buildings, and services are all presented for sale as a single package to a discriminating purchaser.
The lots were gently created out of a sweeping oceanfront and a private forest. Many unusual characteristics of this Island's quiet side make this estate property likely the last development of its kind.
Prawns, crab, clams, oysters, mussels, and other sea life are at your doorstep for your dinner table. Enjoy water sports, scuba dive, sail, fish, boat, or just gunk hole. These ocean waters are some of the bests of the Pacific with many Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands marinas and harbours close by. Visit the old waterfront market at Cowichan Bay; have dinner at the laid-back Maple Bay Marina; head up to the famed waters of Desolation Sound; or explore the San Juan Islands and even Vancouver. Travel brochures boast these eco tour features and they are all here.
Unlike most developed properties, the four lots are the family home of the owners/developers of Narrows West. The detail and cost of shaping these lands and custom buildings were not a series of economic efficiencies but rather their vision. The owners have only recently decided to list their home properties for sale.
The four property titles include:
- an exceptionally designed custom home, with homage to the Arts & Crafts movement, and with many unique collectible and antique components that add to its quality, and all at seaside. This one-of-a-kind home must be seen to truly appreciate its many irreplaceable features. There is no comparable property on Salt Spring. Island - this is, quite simply, once in a world.
- an Arts & Crafts studio accessory building which can be finished as a second waterfront dwelling or used for other purposes. Four waterfront dwellings are permitted on the properties plus four seasonal cottages and several accessory buildings.
- a beach with days spent swimming and enjoying water activities, such as kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, water skiing, and beach combing to create the perfect seaside setting for its owners and their families and friends.
- the lawn at seaside for outdoor activities, deer-fenced vegetable and floral gardens, an indoor-outdoor ambiance with extensive patios that allow for entertaining from sunrise to dark.
- the vistas over Stuart Channel and Sansum Narrows give an almost 270 views cape of ocean, forest, hills, and total privacy.
- a bocce court, the lawn for cricket, volleyball, and baseball sports, and events, deer-fenced mature and picturesque West Coast gardens, greenhouse, plus several service and storage sheds.
- a surround of forest creates serious privacy. Plenty of parking to host a wedding, special event, or family gathering. A meadow, old logging roads, and walking trails.
- one undeveloped forested ocean lot is planned to remain that way to create an ultimate in privacy and balance the rural nature of the properties.
unparalleled sunsets, the boathouse, moorage dock, boat ramp, and mooring buoy make the Pacific easily accessible on this warm side of the Island.
If you are seeking a coastal paradise with a sophisticated and appealing lifestyle, and in an area that offers close proximity to all services and amenities, then this is your opportunity on the best of the Gulf Islands.
Viewing by appointment only. You won't be disappointed.